Brandon Tozzo Councillor for Kingscourt-Rideau
A leader you can believe in!
A leader you can believe in!
With leadership experience you can count on, Brandon Tozzo is a family and community-minded progressive who wants to hear about you, your family, and local issues.
A father of two, Brandon is an active labour rights leader and community volunteer in Kingscourt-Rideau. He is a public servant, labour activist, and political studies professor. When he’s not with his family or working, Brandon is the current President of the local public service union (OPSEU 468) and is a member of the Kingscourt Association.
During the pandemic, Brandon regularly fought for the health and safety of his members and saw a need for better leadership in government. Brandon is passionate and ready to be a strong advocate for Kingscourt-Rideau!
Brandon earned a PhD in Political Studies at Queen's University, after completing a bachelor degree and master's at Western University. He currently teaches courses at Trent University where he led a year - long project for Ontario municipalities to build back after the pandemic. He has also worked with the US Department of State on US-Canada relations. Brandon has the public policy experience to get results for the residents of Kingscourt-Rideau.
His political expertise has been featured on a number of local and national outlets such as the Kingstonist, the Winnipeg Free Press, and Global News.
As a proud resident of Kingscourt—Rideau, he has seen what our community can accomplish when we work together in the pursuit of a better future.
Brandon's Key Priorities
1. Traffic calming throughout the district. Traffic and speeding are an issue throughout Kingscourt-Rideau. Brandon will require city staff to conduct a traffic study of the district, and will advocate placing traffic calming measures throughout the district.
2. Improve our parks, enhance our green spaces, support our community gardens and protect the environment for future generations. We must take action to make Kingston greener, meet our climate change targets and invest in mitigation for our changing climate.
3. Road improvements and infrastructure. Kingston has some of the worst roads in Ontario. We need to improve our roads and sidewalks.
4. Ensure a balance to development while keeping the character of our neighborhoods and encouraging affordable housing. We must make sure there’s adequate parking to reduce street congestion.
5. Provide stable housing for the unhoused population with a Housing First strategy, and lobby the province to provide adequate services. We must improve the quality of Kingston’s social housing.
6. Solving drop off and pick up congestion around Kingston Secondary School and Molly Brant. Brandon will lobby the schools to have different start and end times to mitigate congestion, work with Kingston Transit to promote road safety and get a one-way on Lyons during drop off and pick up, and keep students at Kingston Secondary School safe.
7. Improving accessibility for seniors, parents with strollers and people with disabilities. The city should aim to go above and beyond the provincial standards for accessibility, especially better accessible buses. Moreover, it is a goal to increase awareness for people with disabilities to reduce any stigma that exists. As a community, we can do better.
If you wish to contact Councillor Tozzo, please email Brandon at Btozzo@cityofkingston.ca
Copyright © 2022 Brandon Tozzo for Kingscourt-Rideau - All Rights Reserved.